Cave of Wonder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU

+5
tasha222
tigereyedcat
kelvinhorn13
babygirl23326
edominik
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Personal wish..... baby is in NICU

Post  edominik Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 am

Hello,

Just a little personal wish. Perhaps the biggest I have ever asked for. My wife Ashley had to have an emergency delivery of our baby today at 26 weeks. As i write this my baby Benjamin is in Children's Hospital in Akron and my wife is in another hospital in Canton. Please pray for them both. Please help in this. Please.

edominik

edominik

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Praying

Post  babygirl23326 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 am

praying for you and your family.
praying things get better stay strong for the baby and her..

babygirl23326

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Baby girl

Post  kelvinhorn13 Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 am

I am praying for you and your family and hoping that you can stay strong for the both of them. God Bless you and your family.

kelvinhorn13

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Re: Personal wish..... baby is in NICU

Post  tigereyedcat Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Oh man i'm so sorry...i'll be sending some prayers along to you as well...Remember todays medical technology is awesome. I remember on my pregnancy boards we had 2 micropreemies delivered around the same amount of weeks as your lil Benjamin and now 2 years later they are happy and healthy and doing wonderfully....My heart goes out to you and your family and prayers will be coming your way...Have you checked out the caringbridges site? it is wonderful. I know you don't know me but sending hugs to your and your wife and lil bean. Stay strong and have faith...

tigereyedcat

tigereyedcat

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:32 pm

I just want to say I feel for you. I'm praying everything goes well. Our twins Jacob and Kaleb were born around 29 weeks. One of them was 2 lbs 3 ounces and the other 3 lbs 2 ounces. They were in the hospital for 6 months. Now they are 10 years old and crazier than ever lol. I asked God Before bed last night to keep his hand on all 3 of you and make sure both mom and baby get to come home safe and sound that he guides you through all of this and helps you be strong for them. Keep your head up and keep us updated. When they let you hold Benjamin for the first time give him a kiss for me. Will continue to pray for you guys.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Re:Personal wish..... baby is in NICU

Post  marmaduke65 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:01 pm

My heart and prayers go out to you....praying everything goes successful and your son grows to be happy and healthy...and your wife to recover soon....Keep the faith in God and prayer.

marmaduke65

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Thank you everyone

Post  edominik Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Baby Benjamin is keeping stable. He is 1 pound 13 ounces. I actually read Cat in The Hat to him today.

My wife had a bad day mentally. She feels terrible that she has not been able to be with her baby. She may be released on Thursday or Friday. I have been running between the hospitals to spend time with both of them.

God Bless all of you for caring so much and praying.

Erich G. Dominik

edominik

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty glad to hear it

Post  tigereyedcat Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:21 am

Means your lil guy is going to be a scrapper Smile You sound like a wonderful Papa already and a great hubby...I hope your wife can get out asap to see your little guy and that physically she is doing much better. Did they say what caused her to deliver so early? Prayers still for your family and hope your little guy continues to do well. I didn't have a preemie but I was a member of the whattoexpect boards with both my pregnancies and we had at least 2 ladies deliver around the same time as you all. Both babies are over 2 now, doing remarkable and you never would've known they were micropreemies with an early start to the world. Keep faith, God works miracles everyday, your lil Benjamin is one of his newest ones. I'm sorry your wife is having a hard time, but soon she will be able to go to your little guy. Is good to hear that he is stable, was thinking of you all this morning when i logged on. Please keep us posted

tigereyedcat

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Update

Post  edominik Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Benjamin is now seven days old. He was stepped down on his breathing, but now may be stepped back up to assistance. He is having apnea, where he does not breathe. A little scary to watch. Goods news is that he is passing some stool. Tiny little marks in a tiny diaper. But a blessing to have happen.

Again, thanks to all for your prayers.

Erich

edominik

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Glad he is still doing well and Showing some Progress in Certain areas. Will continue to pray. Give him kisses from all of us.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:35 am

Is there any way we can send cards? I have a few people that want to send you guys a card. If this is okay, please email me your addy at hardinggirl2002@gmail.com. Thanks, and I am still praying for you guys. Smile

~Shelley

Admin
Admin

https://loyalpubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Sent you the info

Post  edominik Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Admin wrote:Is there any way we can send cards? I have a few people that want to send you guys a card. If this is okay, please email me your addy at hardinggirl2002@gmail.com. Thanks, and I am still praying for you guys. Smile

~Shelley

edominik

Back to top Go down

Post  gw197234 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Erich,

I seen your post and boy, I am sure praying for you, your wife, and your precious baby! I hate when doctors and hospitals split families up; I know sometimes it's for the sake of both mother and baby, but wasn't there a way they cold have transferred both your wife and the baby to the same place? Know that I am praying for you

God bless!

Stacy

gw197234

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Hope it was ok, I havent given them your address yet, but my Church is making a Prayer blanket for Benjamin. If its ok to give them your address so they can mail it when they get it finished. Also your Wife's name. Thanks hun.And how is the little man doing?

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Benji update

Post  edominik Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Benjamin is up and down. He has been taken off the breathing assistance, then put back on. Now he is off again. The docs are optimistic about his cardiovascular health. They have begun ramping up his cc's of feeding. Which is good as well. However, there is a fluid build up in his brain. It is at a level three of four. If it does not reduce on its own soon, they will have to bring in a neurosurgeon to operate. That could also mean brain damage for my son. My wife and I drive up every day to be with him. She is now able to hold him skin to skin. I keep reading to him as well.
We were only making it month to month. The added pressures and expenses are draining us. We are driving an extra 50-60 miles each day now. I do not even know how we are going to provide for the basics. We are not behind in anything, but it could start this month. Honestly, I have kept some of the situation from my wife, so she does not have more to worry about.
My wife's name is Ashley. I thank you for the prayers and the blanket.

God Bless,
Erich

edominik

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty transfer

Post  edominik Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:27 pm

gw197234 wrote:Hi Erich,

I seen your post and boy, I am sure praying for you, your wife, and your precious baby! I hate when doctors and hospitals split families up; I know sometimes it's for the sake of both mother and baby, but wasn't there a way they cold have transferred both your wife and the baby to the same place? Know that I am praying for you

God bless!

Stacy

No they could not. Benjamin was transferred to a specialty children's hospital. We are fortunate that we have an awesome one here in the area. However, they do not care for adults, except in their burn unit.

edominik

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Continue to Keep it from Her. I will see what I can do to get you some money. Try to stay as Stress free as you can. They both need you very much right now. Just continue to do what you can And I will do what I can as well. God Bless you and I have my entire Church Praying he makes it out just fine. The way this blanket works is someone makes the blanket first, Then they have These little Strings Hanging off of it. Anyone in the church who wants to comes up and As they say a prayer for you and the baby they Tie one of the strings. Once all the Strings are tied they ship the blanket to you. I'll go do surveys myself just so I can send something to help. I've been really stressed lately too because one of my best Friends shot and killed himself the other night. They are having his funeral on Friday. Know that there are many praying for you and your wife and Benjamin and Know that God Works Miracles every single day. Also if you can please send me your wife's name somewhere so when they send the blanket they can put all 3 of your names on the package.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Sorry hun, someone just pointed out to me you had mentioned your wife's name was Ashley.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Thank you

Post  edominik Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Please tell your church and everyone else, that I am sending a personal thank you for all the prayers. I cannot begin to describe how much it means to me. A true heartfelt thank you to all. I am a 300lb, strong guy, but I tear up about my little baby. Again, thank you.

Erich

edominik

Back to top Go down

Post  gw197234 Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Tasha,

I know I asked for a wish to be granted, but please, help them before me FOR SURE! Either way, I will get something nice accomplished for him.

Erich, I pray that that God will bless you, Ashley, and Benjamin more than ever this coming month!

You and your family are in my prayers!

gw197234

Back to top Go down

Post  gw197234 Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm going on the GPT sites tomorrow and doing some offers to help out with the wish fund. Hopefully my college course load won't be that heavy!

Heading to bed. YOU ALL are in my prayers!

Like a Star @ heaven flower Stacy Like a Star @ heaven flower

gw197234

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Benji update

Post  edominik Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:56 am

Benjamin is still fighting on. He has not passed his birth weight yet, but he seems stronger. The nurses all say he yells pretty loud when he is not happy! Breathing is actually pretty good right now. However, he does have fits of apnea. He had one tonight while my wife was holding him. Made us both very nervous to see it happen. Still monitoring his head for fluid build up. All the nurses come up to me and remark how well he is doing. One day at a time though. Thank you all for your continued prayers and the nice card we got.

God Bless,
Erich G. Dominik

edominik

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:36 am

Glad to hear he's still fighting on. Continuing to pray. God Bless all 3 of you.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Prayers with you

Post  dezabe Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:56 pm

I was brought back to almost 3 years ago after reading your heartfelt story. My little girl Desirae was born 2 months early and had to also spend time in NICU. She thankfully didn't come in May when my water broke or she would have been even earlier. She was due in August. We were very fortunate that she was a very healthy strong baby. She weighed 4lbs 1oz and was 3lbs 12ozs the next day (loss of water weight) i remember her only eating 5cc's of milk at a time and making my rounds from Ronald McDonald house to the NICU ward every 3 hours for feedings. I was only allowed to hold her once a day to feed her the rest of the time I had to do the feedings in the isolette. I pray that your little Benjamin gets stronger every day so that you can take him home and be able to enjoy being a family without all the machines and tubes. It sounds like you have some time in NICU before he can finally come home and I pray that when he does come home he won't need to be on any home monitors. It sounds like you have a little fighter on your hands, and if this is any indication of what he'll be like when he's older you're going to have your hands full. I know my little red head was such a drama queen in the hospital and 3 years later she is still a drama queen and she is very good at it. Again my prayers are with you, your wife and that precious little angel. Take Care. Amy

dezabe

Back to top Go down

Personal wish..... baby is in NICU Empty Thank you

Post  edominik Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 pm

I appreciate and ask for any and all prayers for my little guy. Its a grind. Everyday we drive up, spend some time with him, come home, and do it all over again. I also have to figure out how we are going to make financially. I know God has a plan.

My heart goes out to all those families going through it. Past and present. Benjamin's heart and lungs get a little tired at times.... They have upped his caffeine dosage to keep him going.

Erich

edominik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum