Cave of Wonder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My testimony- I AM HERE FOR YOU

3 posters

Go down

My testimony- I AM HERE FOR YOU Empty My testimony- I AM HERE FOR YOU

Post  Admin Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:17 am

My name is Shelley Harding. I am Tasha's sister, and admin of this forum. I have something to share with you. It is my testimony for you guys to read.

Last year, on January 21st, my husband Rich got a knot in his neck. By the time evening rolled around, he could barely breathe, so we rushed him to the ER. Two days later, we found out it was cancer. YES, CANCER. The worst thing we could ever imagine. In March, he had his first surgery to have his thyroid removed. In June, he had his first radiation treatment, a pill where he could not be around anyone for three weeks. July 9th was the last day of that treatment. August 2nd, another knot was found. The cancer had spread to his lymph nodes and was much worse, because the first radiation his body resisted. So, another surgery on August 31st, this time this one lasted 11 hours. During this surgery, they found the cancer wrapped around his aorta, and they could not get that out, so he needs more radiation to kill that. He got through the surgery fine, but had these horrible blisters on the back of his neck and we could not figure out why. Went to the doctor after he got out of the hospital, and found out a chemical was spilled during his surgery giving him 3rd degree chemical burns on the back of his neck. He has lost almost all use of his right arm because of this. 2nd round of radiation started in September, this time it was external beam radiation, and took a lot out of him. That radiation was done the Monday after Thanksgiving. Before Christmas, we notice another knot. We are worried sick about everything, wondering if the cancer is back. AMAZINGLY ENOUGH, they did a biopsy on this one, and it is just scar tissue. We still don't know if the radiation took care of the cancer around his aorta.

I had to tell you my story to tell you this next part. When Rich first got sick, that first time he was in the hospital, I called my friend Fee. I was crying and upset, didn't know what was gonna happen, and didn't know how we were gonna go on, as you all state. She talked to Rich for a few minutes, then talked to me, and told me something I will never ever forget. She told me "Shel, you can do one of two things- Worry and don't pray, or pray and don't worry." I chose then and there to live by those words that Fee told me. If I let myself get overcome with worry, then I am not letting God do His work on us. Now, I am not saying that I ever didn't get scared, or wonder where we would go from here, but I always chose to turn it over to God. And look what happened? GOD MADE THIS LAST KNOT, NOT CANCEROUS! He got us through this, and will continue to get us through this.

God gives us trials to teach us, and to make us stronger, not to break us. He never ever gives us more than we can handle. (and yes, even I said- what does He expect me to be, superwoman?) Rich and I are stronger now in our faith than we ever were before, and you know why? Because of Fee's words, and because of God. Because we needed to know to lean on God and not ourselves.

So, today when you worry, think about this. God has YOUR BACK. God is there for you. God will get you through this. God will never ever let you down. And just when you think you can't take anymore, He is there to pick you up and carry you through it. (remember the Footprints poem?)

I pray for every single one of you guys, every single day. I pray for God to get you through whatever it is you are going through. I pray for God to give you the strength you need, and carry you through it. Just when you think you can't take it anymore, remember my testimony. Remember me saying I didn't think I could get through it either. BUT I DID. AND YOU WILL TOO.

For everyone reading this, know that I love you and will always be here if you need to talk. I am just an email or a message on yahoo away.

Email: hardinggirl2002@gmail.com

Admin
Admin

https://loyalpubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My testimony- I AM HERE FOR YOU Empty Re: My testimony- I AM HERE FOR YOU

Post  bobcleva Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Wow that was awesome and i really needed something like that today !! Thanks for posting and i will keep you in my prayers

bobcleva

Back to top Go down

My testimony- I AM HERE FOR YOU Empty wow

Post  tigereyedcat Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:11 pm

I just sat here reading your post and i'm in tears...in no way shape or form have I gone through the struggles you have, but like everyone I have my own struggles, and your words fit perfectly...I fear I worry to much and don't trust God enough at times. Thank you for reminding me to put myself in Gods hands again.

tigereyedcat

Back to top Go down

My testimony- I AM HERE FOR YOU Empty Re: My testimony- I AM HERE FOR YOU

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum