Cave of Wonder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In DESPERATE Need...

3 posters

Go down

In DESPERATE Need... Empty In DESPERATE Need...

Post  donna28 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:40 am

This posting is not necessarily directed to Tasha as she just granted a wish for myself and my husband, but I have a desperate wish that I really need help with right now.

I have to make a choice between eating and my respiratory health. I am out of one and almost out of my other breathing meds. I have to choose between the 50 dollars on that and being able to make it without going to the hospital and costing my family more money and less resources in the future or 50 dollars in groceries to feed us all for another week til my husband gets his check.

I am asking desperately for anyone who can to help. Without my meds, I am constantly having attacks and risking hospitalization. I really cannot give them up. I have been to the local churches and the food bank, but there is a drastic shortage in our area and they only help those without income at the moment.

I am asking in such a desperate manner because while I have mac n cheese and a few potatoes and about a pound of hamburger left, that is all we have to get us through until next Thursday, the 12th of April, when he gets paid and I have 4 kids in the house.

My neighbor offered to feed them breakfast every day. The school feeds them lunch Monday through Friday. But I have the weekends and suppers to feed them. Normally I would give anything up to make sure this never happened, but unfortunately I have to think about the fact that if I am not able to breathe, I cannot possibly take care of them.

I am so scared right now and unsure of what else I can do. My kids are starting to notice this and the last thing I want is for them to think that Mommy and Daddy cannot take care of them.

If you can help even a little bit, please let me know what info you need.

I do truly appreciate everyone,
donna28 Rewards-Spot

donna28

Back to top Go down

In DESPERATE Need... Empty Re: In DESPERATE Need...

Post  gw197234 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Donna,

What state do you live in? I may be able to find someone to help you with food as I have connections to nearly state's food surplus.

Stacy

gw197234

Back to top Go down

Post  donna28 Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:47 pm

We live in Texas, sorry it took so long, when I do get onlline it is strictly to make money... I have been able to make a little bit. I am still a couple of days short of making it.

donna28

Back to top Go down

Post  gw197234 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:39 am

Wow, TX is a big state. What county do you live in and what neighboring counties are near you?

gw197234

Back to top Go down

In DESPERATE Need... Empty medicine

Post  flyenangel Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 am

I can not help, I am in the same boat most of the time, can you look into walmart, cvs, they have generic meds for 4 dollars, I also take medicine in my nebulizer but do have medicare, but I think these drug stores offer 4 dollars meds for generic, I am not sure if they carry the meds you are on but you might check it out. again so sorry I can not help, my husband and I are both disabled and food is one thing we are always short on, oh I just thought of something search for free medicine programs, there are some out there that offer meds for free or real low price.also you can look up who manufactures of your meds go to their website and they sometimes have programs to help with medicine. hope this will help some.

flyenangel

Back to top Go down

In DESPERATE Need... Empty UPDATE

Post  donna28 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Obviously his payday has come and gone by now, we managed to pull off an amazing feat and got all the meds I needed in sample form from the doc. He was helpful in all he could be. We are doing ok right now and thank you to all who were helpful. We found out that no matter where we went, there are no generics for some of the meds so I have to depend on the doc for samples now until he gets paid at the middle of next month and now we are just trying to figure out how in the world to get the food caught up again. The food banks and churches are still helping only those without income here and it is going to come down to where we were before. If anyone can help we would greatly appreciate it. We are pretty much right down the street from a walmart and that is all we have close enough to walk it. Please pray for us. We are starting to worry dreadfully over the kids. They keep asking why they have to eat PB&J and Hot dogs and the like when they were so used to full blown meals all the time. I really do not want to have to tell them we are in trouble.

donna28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down