My Wish...For my Mom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Wish...For my Mom

Post  gw197234 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:06 pm

I really wasn't going to post this, but I will and whatever happens, happens and if it doesn't get granted, I am still happy and content with what I have...

Tomorrow night, my mom and dad are coming in by plane to see my family and me and it's the first time my mom has been been to KS in her life AND my mom and dad want to renew their vows (They have been married for 37 years) Well, just yesterday, my mom and dad told my youngest sister which lives near them in PA and SHE HAD A FIT because she thinks we all held this info from her, and honestly, it was just a spur of the moment thing and the only reason why my dad is doing it here is because he wants my husband to be the one to renew their vows (my husband is a licensed preacher.)

ANYWAY, my mom tells me she doesn't have a nice dress and she wants to wear a pair of blue jeans and a black shirt and I think she deserves better! SO, I would like to surprise my mom with a new dress to get married in (nothing overly formal, just a nice dress) and we will be in Wichita this weekend, so I can take her somewhere like JC Penny's to get her a dress.

My mom has had a rough life--She was tossed around from parent to parent, and family has rejected her, but truly, my mom is wonderful! She is patient, passionate and just always wanting to please others, even to the point of putting herself last, but most times she gets stomped on for it. I want to make her feel like a queen this week! I see her maybe 3 times a year, and I want to make every minute count while she is out here visiting.

I promise to post pics of the renewal and of her wearing the dress.

I honestly do not have the money to do this...So, if you see your way through to help, I would be obliged and in your debt.

Thank you for reading flower

Stacy

gw197234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Wish...For my Mom

Post  tasha222 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:30 pm

I really really wish I could grant this. Unfortunately though I am flat broke until the 15th. I went a little overboard last month and now struggling to keep my paypal up. This one touches my heart though. Your mom sounds a lot like me. I get stomped on all the time for putting myself last as well. And I want nothing more than a wedding. That would be my wish if I was to make one. Only I do have my dress already. Have had it for 2 years now. Whats stopping us though is Brett has been married once before and he did a court house wedding. So he wants a nice wedding. To be honest 8 years ago when we first got together I would have gotten married at a drop of pin. But heck after 8 years I think I'm getting pickier and pickier every year lol. So he better hurry lol.

If by any chance anything changes in the next day or 2 I will let you know, but it doesnt look very good right now. I'm very sorry. I hope they have a WONDERFUL wedding though and I hope you guys have a great time together while they are there.

tasha222

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gw197234 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Hey Tasha,

No worries! I totally understand. Thanks for reading this and I am for darn sure going to make this a week my mom and dad won't forget! Very Happy

I sure hope that you get your wish too! You give a lot of wishes, and you deserve one to be filled too! If you would like to come on out to Kansas, my husband said he would marry you and Brett FREE OF CHARGE, if you are willing to come to Kansas :0)

Keep the faith girl! flower sunny Hugs! flower sunny

Stacy

gw197234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum