Cave of Wonder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student Artist, In need of Supplies to Avoid Going Hungry

2 posters

Go down

Student Artist, In need of Supplies to Avoid Going Hungry Empty Student Artist, In need of Supplies to Avoid Going Hungry

Post  gyckjmemg378i Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm sure we have all made bad choices in life. Mine was pursuing a career in the fine arts. It is both expensive and hardly rewarding monetarily, but seeing as I have put roughly ten years of my life into it already, I am determined to keep working. However, with the cost of living ridiculously high in San Francisco, it has gotten to the point where I have had to give up meals to afford my supplies. As a student, I am only able to work part time and all that goes toward my rent. At this time, although I am in great need for virtually any oil paints and mediums, all I ask is for an 8oz or bigger can of Martin F Weber natural turpenoid. For those of you unfamiliar with oil painting, this is the equivalent of water in watercolor or acylic. Without this, I pretty much can't do anything. Any quantity is appreciated, whether it be more or less.

Thank you and god bless.

gyckjmemg378i

Back to top Go down

Student Artist, In need of Supplies to Avoid Going Hungry Empty Re: Student Artist, In need of Supplies to Avoid Going Hungry

Post  tasha222 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Where would someone get something like this? And How much does it run? I can't help right now, but I would gladly help with this as soon as I am able to.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Student Artist, In need of Supplies to Avoid Going Hungry Empty Re: Student Artist, In need of Supplies to Avoid Going Hungry

Post  gyckjmemg378i Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:08 pm

This can be found at any local art store, ie Blicks or Utrecht, or on Amazon. It should run no more than $5 for 4 ounces, which would probably last me two to three weeks, or $20 for 16 ounces.

I understand that you may not necessarily be able to help right now, but I appreciate your response and desire to. Hopefully, others will take it upon themselves to help at this time, as I would do the same if I were not in this situation.

gyckjmemg378i

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 am

Oh well I can help with that. I have extra amazon cards. Find what you want and give me a total and I can send you some amazon cards to cover it.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Post  gyckjmemg378i Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:48 am

The total comes out to $18.89 including shipping. I know it does not sound like a lot, but it's a lot more than what I'm spending for food these days. Thank you for your generosity. It will not be forgotten.

Student Artist, In need of Supplies to Avoid Going Hungry AX96Y

gyckjmemg378i

Back to top Go down

Post  gyckjmemg378i Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Sorry if this is not allowed, but I'm still looking to hear back.

gyckjmemg378i

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Hey,

Yes its allowed. I didnt realize I didnt have enough amazon cards left, but On the 30th at midnight I win a referral contest that only gives amazon cards for prizes, so I'll be sending you that.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Think when I counted the other night i only had either 9 or 11 dollars left in cards, I dont remember which. I think it was 11, would have to look again

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 am

Hey hun Where can I send these giftcards to? Do you have a specific email or?

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Post  gyckjmemg378i Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:36 pm

You can send it to greenonblack@flamincatchall.co.cc

I greatly appreciate the help that you're giving me.

gyckjmemg378i

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Granted. I sent 2 $10 Amazon codes to the email you gave me.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Post  gyckjmemg378i Tue May 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Thank you so much! I knew you would come through for me and I hope to be able to return the favor in the future.

gyckjmemg378i

Back to top Go down

Post  tasha222 Wed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Glad I could help. If you could when you have some extra time Post down in the wish granted section for me. Also what exactly do you do? Do you paint pictures? or what? If you paint pictures I would LOVE to see a picture of one. My step dad was an artist and I used to love watching him as he drew and painted. Unfortunately we lost him to Cancer about 2 years ago and I miss getting to see his unique drawings.

tasha222

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum